Campbell-McCabe was established in 1866 and has been providing door hardware specifications to prestigious firms on many award-wining projects since the 1950's. LEED project experience since 2003.
Specialists in complete aesthetic, security, and life-safety solutions for every opening application. As a partner with your design and construction team, Campbell-McCabe provides assistance in each phase of the project, from pre-design through final punch-out and completion. Consultation and specifications meet local, state and international building codes, including IBC, CBC, Life Safety, NFPA 80, NFPA 80, NFPA 101, NEC, Fire Door Assemblies and ADA Guidelines.
Philosophy As independent consultants, Campbell-McCabe specifications involve no conflict of interest relating to any specific manufacturer’s product. Specifications are tailored to the needs of the user while allowing for competitive bid pricing. Manufacturer, rep agency, or product distributor employees do not write Campbell-McCabe specifications.
Product Selection Products selected are based on the direction of the architect and user. Campbell-McCabe provides specifications that maximize security and aesthetics while allowing for competitive pricing from the industry’s major manufacturing groups.
AIA Presentations Campbell-McCabe provides Registered AIA Educational Training covering a wide variety of openings, hardware, security and code-related topics, which qualify for the Continuing Education System (CES).
Project Phases For each phase of the project, Campbell-McCabe provides:
Pre-Design Schematic Phase Services
- Consultation to match project vision & design
- Review & Compliance security plans, life safety codes and egress paths
- Product recommendations and evaluation Pre-Construction Phase Services
Pre-Construction Phase Services
- Verification of existing facility standards with owner’s management team
- Team coordination to define correct applications for the project
- Security & Access control consultation and specification preparation, including coordination of Security Consultants and System Integrators for a thoughtful and efficiently designed operational security system
- Creation of Door Hardware specification sections including Hollow Metal Doors & Frames, Wood Doors, and Integrated Assemblies
- Coordination & Review of other Division 8 sections including Special Systems, Auto Operators, All Glass Entrances, and Specialty Doors
Bidding Phase Services
- Pre-bid coordination, supplier/subcontractor evaluation and selection
- Project budget assistance and coordination
Construction Phase Services • Project drawing and submittal review
- Door & Hardware conflict, RFI and PCO review
- Jobsite pre-installation and coordination
Completion Phase Services
- Master Key System design and planning
- Installation training